Two years in the making!
Here’s the play-by-play
- Draft 1: The core of the story: Lexus goes undercover. As first drafts go, it was much better than the Armageddon’s Princess first draft.
- Draft 2: I decided to change the end of the book–dramatically. Action fans will love the new ending. I also ran the manuscript through AutoCrit, which was helpful in tightening up the prose. I sent this to my editor, who produced an editorial letter for the things she wanted me to change
- Draft 3: This is the draft based on the editorial letter, and I then sent the manuscript off for line editing. Unfortunately, I had to let my editor go and find a new one
- Draft 4: Sending the somewhat line edited manuscript to the new (and fabulous, woooooo!) editor, she sent me an editorial letter on what she would like me to change. Draft 4, which I finally finished, is the result. The first third of the book is new, with a distinctive police procedural mystery focus, moving the story to a solid science fiction murder mystery
I apologize for those waiting so long for book two in the Lexus Toulouse series. My focus is quality.
There are a few little things in book two that is shameless fan service:
- If you ask readers who their favorite character is, other than Lexus, most of them will respond with “Vash and Juan.” Vash and Juan it is! You want the big bad boys, well, there you go
- Now that I know how audio books work, I made sure the book was as audio-book friendly as possible
- Somehow I reveal more detail about the Empress yet make her more mysterious
- I have received personal commentary and read research that eBook readers like 150K science fiction books and bigger if they are fantasy! While The Wælcyrie Murders won’t reach 150K, it will be close
- I have the cover art all ready to go (I’ve sat on it for a long time!). My graphics designer is cutting the Kindle cover now
- Once I have the Kindle cover, I will put the book on for pre-order on Amazon
- I’ll run the book through AutoCrit again, to cut down on the little mistakes for my editor
- The book will go back to line-editing
- I’ll get the manuscript back and process the line-edits
At this point the book is in release production:
- I format the book for Kindle
- I format the book for Print
- I get back a proof from the printers
- The proof-reader goes over the print proof
- I correct the found typos
- The Kindle and print version are published
As soon as the pre-order goes live (in a few days), I’ll let everyone know!
Thank you again for your patience. This book means a lot to me, and I wanted to make sure it was worthy of your hard-earned dollars. I appreciate all of my readers immensely.