Epic Space Opera Novel is Epic

May 26, 2011  Author: Anthony Pacheco Category: Plot, STUFF BLOWING UP IN SPACE, The Craft   10 Comments

So I’ve been chewing on this Space Opera story for, oh, I don’t know. I’ve given it the working title of Stuff Blowing Up in Space. When I started writing on it, I had no plot, just a few characters and scenes. I knew I wanted sexy vampires as one of the species. I wanted humans as the technologically superior species, and I wanted psionics in a way that it created an epic, galaxy spanning mythos so very unlike “The Force.”

But I didn’t have a plot.

Well, no more. I’ve got a solid, epic Space Opera plot. I’ll be banging away at that sucker until my self-imposed “bake time” is up and I start editing my finished novel in a completely different genre (whoops).

Awesome. I always wondered if there was a real plot to this story worthy of a novel. I can’t wait to finish it!

Damn, it’s good to be me.

10 comments on: Epic Space Opera Novel is Epic

1. Steven D. Jackson November 29, 1999 at 5:00 pm

Haha! Sexy space vampires?! Could it be more awesome? I’ll be looking forward to this one!

• Anthony May 27, 2011 at 10:32 am

Space vampires. That are telekinetic.

And some of theme are ninjas.

Yes, I have telekinetic space vampire ninjas in my space opera book.

Some days I just GOT IT.

2. J.C May 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm

You’re good 🙂 I’d never doubt a plot would show up eventually 😉

3. Anthony May 26, 2011 at 6:52 pm

You’re gonna love this one.

I’ve added more hunky men.

4. Gary Corby May 27, 2011 at 12:33 am

Space Opera! Now those were the good old days…EE Doc Smith et al.

Did you know there was once a novel published with the title Space Opera? It’s about an opera company that travels through space from planet to planet, to give recitals.

• Anthony May 27, 2011 at 10:30 am

Hi Gary!

I do indeed know about Space Opera the book, and I love the EE Doc Smith books.

I love Weber’s space opera. “Field of Dishonor” was flawless. There has been nothing quite like it since.

• Anthony May 27, 2011 at 10:26 am

One of the main characters is definitely a hottie. He was voted Male Officer ILF by the female crew members. Then, while all the ladies were trying to establish dominance to see who would get to him first, the sexy alien swoops in and snags him, leaving a trail of bittersweet fantasies.

• Anthony May 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Also, there is a lot of woo hoo. You will blush.