6 comments on: Bwahaha!

1. Ken Kiser March 10, 2009 at 9:34 am

Funny!

I’m actually about to get the Sony E-book reader. Mostly because I don’t won’t to be tied down by the Kindle to proprietary formats and DRM.

The Sony reader will handle just about any file type you throw at it from pdf to odf.

It might be a little lighter on the features, but most of the Kindle’s features I wouldn’t have used anyway. (Never understood why you would need Wi-fi for an e-reader)

Anyway, I certainly hope you get one!!! Can’t wait for mine too!!!

2. Anthony March 10, 2009 at 10:23 am

Let me be clear, DRM is stupid for a consumer. Amazon, however, is taking a page from Apple: If the book industry insists on DRM, Amazon will be more than willing to lock it in to their platform, only to “insist” on removing it after the Kindle has reached critical mass. They look like the good guys, and their partners wind up looking like fools.

Just like the iPod. Notice MacTV is following the same pattern?

That said, the whisper-net is pure goodness for someone who needs to mail out docs. I can email specifications right from work and have it pop up on the Kindle at home.

This is all moot, however. Unless the economy improves, I would rather spend $400 on ammunition. Ammunition prices are at a stupid high, and I am getting low on 5.53. Don’t even get me started on the retarded price I am paying for 9mm. Expense 9mm! What the hell? That’s like expensive .22LR. It boggles my mind.

3. Anthony March 10, 2009 at 10:25 am

BTW, if you get a Sony, I will be insanely jealous. 🙂

4. Tara Maya March 12, 2009 at 9:56 am

LOL. I just got my Kindle. Ooooh, so worth it.

That said, I was in the middle of The Kite Runner when I had to charge it. Agghg!

THEY WARNED ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

5. dianegallant March 12, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Too funny! Sometimes at work I look around and notice with amazement that people are using books, and also writing with pens on paper. Maybe we’re living in the in-between stage. I love true-print books, but I wouldn’t bet a dollar on their future. I’m Diane, a co-writer on the new blog, and it’s nice to meet you.

6. B J Keltz March 13, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I’m holding out for the Plastic Logic reader. I can’t seem to curl up well with the laptop. 🙁

LOVE the cartoon!

Why don’t you load your own ammunition? Very doable.