Cooties

February 25, 2009  Author: Anthony Pacheco Category: Not Exactly Random   8 Comments

The man who only gets a cold every-other year is sick. A couple of weeks ago I had a tummy thing going, but that’s just normal for me and my delicate tummy.

I am convinced one of the blogs I am reading, or a Twitter-er I am following, gave it to me. I want to blame a blogger who shall remain nameless—but in truth that would be unfair. Throughout the month of February, basically every third post/tweet was ‘wow I feel bad.’ One poor woman even had pneumonia. Ick.

No, I just have your basic head cold, and it has made me tired and grumpy from the pain I am not used to feeling (in addition to, of course, whiny). It feels like there is a snot-producing machine in my head trying to force my eyeballs out of my sockets. Indeed, at any moment, I expect my eyeballs to go POP and fly out of my head, only to smack against the monitor.

Least that visual description is not up to your standards, let me elaborate with sound:

POP!

Splourch!

Eeeeeeeeeeee…

Thuthwich.

Drip… drip… drip.

No need to thank me, that’s just the kind of guy that I am.

Tags:

8 comments on: Cooties

1. J.C February 25, 2009 at 12:27 pm

lol, hope it doesn’t stick around too long Anthony. Hope the Wife Unit is being sympathetic and taking care of you 😉

2. Amber L. Smith February 25, 2009 at 12:45 pm

You don’t have a cold. You have a Man Cold. Meaning you must whimper and whine and beg for hot orange juice while dialing 911 (after all, a Man Cold is an emergency). 😉

• Anthony March 2, 2009 at 2:26 pm

The Wife Unit has been calling me “Man Cold” for the last several days after reading this comment.

3. Anthony February 25, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Hot orange juice? That sounds disgusting!

For the snark shown in these comments, I have coughed on your avatars. Except for David, I sprayed that with Purell. Oh and not J.C., who is a lamb.

And I always thought Evil came is small packages!

4. Alex Moore February 25, 2009 at 8:31 pm

oooooh now i know who i got it from! *spiteful glare* well, i really did try the old spoonful of honey, lemon juice, and scotch. it went down very smoothly. so did the next three. then hubby got scared. and went and bought a bottle of cheap a$$ canadian whiskey. yuck. super yuck. i told him he could keep it. anyone who says that you can’t tell the difference when you’ve added honey & lemon totally don’t know their stuff.

get well soon, tho.
    and, btw, the head doesn’t actually explode.
    it just feels like it will

5. Anthony February 26, 2009 at 10:37 am

Alex, you may say ass on my blog. It is rated PG-13.

I have a scene in YOUR LITTLE SISTER where the two protagonists are drinking and when one learns that the offered flask is scotch and not Canadian whiskey, he goes to town, gulp gulp gulp.

Being that in the future that YOUR LITTLE SISTER is set in, the UK is a wasteland devoid of life. No more scotch.

6. Peter February 26, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Thank you for those images.. 😛