Words, I have them.

January 02, 2009  Author: Anthony Pacheco Category: The Craft   8 Comments

Let us start 2009 with a writing update!

Bunny Trouble—a near-future science fiction story with cops, guns, and blood sucking sex craving aliens, along with a girl named Bunny—is in editing for Draft 3. I have decided to suck it up and finish editing Bunny Trouble this week, and finish up my query letter.

The Baby Dancers—A Young Adult Fantasy novel, is plunking along at 300 words a day. This novel has a lot of action and I am limiting myself to 80K words, so slow and steady here is going to win the race.

YOUR LITTLE SISTER—I had a dialog with Courtney Summers over a code name for her next work in progress. Her prior one was YOUR MOM, and I thought that was just so darn clever (Courtney Summers is a smart one, she is). However, Courtney, being a official little sister, emphatically declined my suggested working title.

Thus, I will unapologetically steal it and use it for my very own. Cannot copyright titles, don’t ya know!

Anyway, Your Little Sister is a murder mystery set in the future, featuring the smart, somewhat crazy ex-starship pilot—and not one but four active husbands, Lexus Toulouse.

Your Little Sister is consuming me. Your Little Sister is demanding, I stayed up too late last night working on Your Little Sister.

I have to say one thing, though. Your Little Sister is sassy and sexy. I thought I was the last person on Earth who should write a mystery novel, but I am enjoying working on Your Little Sister immensely, and hope to share some day.

Your Little Sister needs to be shared, and whom am I to deny?

8 comments on: Words, I have them.

1. alex moore January 2, 2009 at 3:19 pm

one word describes anthony pacheco – hack writer: incorrigible. oh, and yum. but mostly the former.

so what do you think of card’s advice to sell your first book first and then get an agent? do you think it’s simply outdated? (copyright 1990) or plausible but difficult? or?

2. Anthony January 2, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Somewhat outdated. In my opinion, which is not much in this area, agent quality has gone up from 1990 to 2009. Look at their web presence versus the publishing house web presence. Agents seem to be adjusting before the industry does.

There are a good number of agents taking the long-term approach to a writing career. Landing one of those agents would be goodness for a writer such as you and I.

It seems to me fining an agent will be easier than finding a publisher solo.

3. bjkeltz January 2, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Keep writing and hurry it up because I really want to read more about Lexus!

A devoted member of your harem.

4. alex moore January 2, 2009 at 8:40 pm

yes, that seems to be what i’ve gathered from the bit of research i’ve done. i did a double-take at that chapter & then went back and double-checked the publishing date. I finished reading it last night — am awaiting your comments. after all, i only bought it because you had it on your wish list. 🙂

5. Jaym Gates January 3, 2009 at 1:38 am

Incorrigible is a good word for you. Exactly what I was thinking, right after “he’s gonna squeeze this one for all it’s worth!”

6. Anthony January 3, 2009 at 10:51 am

Squeezing YOUR LITTLE SISTER is what I do, right after I strip YOUR LITTLE SISTER bare.

7. Jaym Gates January 3, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Sadly, I don’t have a little sister. Therefor, enjoy stripping that pole bare, and due try not to hurt yourself please.

8. Pingback: Weeeee! « Anthony Pacheco: Hack Writer