Weeeee!

December 16, 2008  Author: Anthony Pacheco Category: Not Exactly Random   7 Comments

4000 hits. That’s stalker territory right there. Of course, since I am guilty of reading other blogs the second they are updated or commented on, I would be the black pot.

I skipped doing a meta post about my blog at 3000 hits, so I will do one at 4,000 and another at 8K (16, 32, etc).

Thank you for reading my humble blog. You are all the best! Hack Writer loves you long time!

XOXOXOX

Except the creepy guy looking for photos of literary agents on my blog. You can go hump yourself with a fire hose. That’s on.

7 comments on: Weeeee!

1. J.C December 16, 2008 at 3:39 pm

LOL glad I’m not the creepy guy 😉
    Yay for 4000! Almost there myself 🙂

2. bjkeltz December 16, 2008 at 4:38 pm

How long have you two been blogging and/or what am I doing wrong?

Very cool, Anthony! Go, Cassie, catch up to him! 🙂

3. Anthony December 16, 2008 at 6:09 pm

BJ, I have blogged since the beginning of August. 08.

I cheat. I am aware of things like web dilution, etc., as the company I work for also designs websites (I do not work for that division though). This is my only website and the only other things I participate in are mail and Twitter.

Most of my posts are about writing, some are about humor, and some are about observations that impact writing and writers. I do not blog on politics, only blog on my kids if I deem the subject amusing enough to gather a chuckle.

I also post every day. I have a few dedicated readers, and in all fairness to my stats, I specifically go out of my way to post on topics that would interest them.

There’s one thing a Hack Writer loves, and that is an audience!

The other thing I do is participate in discussions on other people’s blogs. If I find something interesting, I will comment on it. If I find it really interesting, I will link to it.

The Wife Unit reads my blog because I am a fabulous kisser.

That’s about it!

4. Alex Moore December 17, 2008 at 6:39 am

I’m now convinced that you are not of this planet but rather an otherworldly being with powers that slow down the revolution of the earth for you alone, leaving the rest of us to stagger along at ridiculous revolutions.

This I know:
    1. You read voraciously.
    2. You write many words a day on new YA
    3. You spend time revising Bunny Trouble
    4. You blog constantly, posting sometimes several times a day and reading, commenting, and combing a ton of other blogs.
    5. You are a caring, loving, and compassionate father who spends much time w/ Thing 1 & Thing 2
    6. You are a loving hubby who delights in his wife
    7. You work full-time with a commute of some kind.
    8. You spend quality time w/ inlaws and other family members.
    9. You role-play and video game
    10. You spend time at the gun range w/ friends.

I know I’m leaving a ton of things out, but I’m running out of time, unfortunately.

When you’ve a moment to share your secrets, enlighten me. I’ve come to the conclusion that you don’t sleep. Or that you’re an alien.

5. Anthony December 17, 2008 at 8:39 am

Ha.

Well, to be revealing, I only play video games or roleplay once a week, on Mondays, and I have been to the pistol range lately but not the rifle range, which kills me. But I digress.

The rest is not exactly easy, but doable. For example:

1. I took a year long reading course that dramatically improved my reading rate. But I don’t read nearly enough, only on the weekend.

2. That’s a whole post right there, ha.

3. I can only do a chapter at a time before my poor brain goes SLPAT.

4. I queue up my posts, and spend about fifteen minutes blogging on my lunch break.

5. The kids are in school right now, so they have a set schedule. That means all I have to do is work around their schedule. In the summer, I write less, because they are more free-wheeling.

6. That’s me!

7. It’s not a bad commute, I drive along a lake for most of it, it’s a nice drive, actually. I plan my day going to work, and plan my writing evening coming home.

8. Not nearly enough as I should!

9. See above comment.

10. See above comment.

However, let’s consider the things I don’t do:

I do not watch TV.
    I do not play video games except on Monday
    I do not go to the movies
    I do not play the piano as often as I should
    I should be doing more household chores

The secret, really, if you could call it such, is my writing technique. It is very powerful and lends itself to a high amount of productivity. When I write, I do without pause. If you are writing as fast as you can type, everyday for one-and-a-half hours to two, that is an awesome ability that I am thankful for. I can write three books a year.

All that and I get seven to eight hours of sleep each night!

I love being me.

6. Heather P December 17, 2008 at 11:23 am

Woo Hoo for the household chores comment. hehe

7. Anthony December 17, 2008 at 11:42 am

I love you LambChop you are THE BEST!

Smooch smooch smooch!